Monday 14 March 2011

Winners of Pesta Perdana 2011..you're kidding me!

Super-duper shocked and surprised that they actually won!
No grudges against any of them seriously but I just felt that more could have been done to the judging criteria to determine the winner.

Sharon Ismail, Rafaat Hamzah..they are all great actors but hey, it was based on a tele-movie or short film,. whatever you call it. I just don't think it should be that way. If you refer to Channel 8, it is much more even out. I have never seen nominees from drama and short film 'competing' against one another in other award programmes. It takes a lot of commitment, longer time to portray a character, and make an impact in drama series. So please.. I hope someone can look into this.

Can't say anything much about the winners of the Supporting roles but Sani Hussain definitely deserves it. I can hardly remember the dramas which his sister acts in though, which means she don't make an impact. I kinda thought the lady who acted as the husband-snatcher in "Gerimis di Hati 2",  has a high chance of winning coz she made me hate her character so much! In fact, she is the reason I watched the show! Too bad, she didn't win.


Suhaimi Yusof, winning Best Act in a Comedy is somewhat expected.
The same goes for Azzah, she can go far. :)

Last but not least - Sinar Lebaran..stop taking the spot as the Most Popular Programme! First of all, this programme is a yearly entertainment show, where most Muslims would be watching to add to their celebration mood and I doubt it's for the quality of the programme. Maybe only the comedy skit is worth watching. But come on, almost every year you guys take the trophy for this and I felt by you guys winning, it has defeated the meaning of "Popular"! Something popular should be something sustainable, and not a one off thingy. Shows like '90'an Gerek', "Gerimis di Hati 2", "Cami dan Dee" for example are those that I think should be going up and take the title instead!

Till then, let's hope we can see a true and properly thought true judging process for next year's nominees!

XoXo!

No comments:

Post a Comment